Hairdressing is an exciting and growing industry. As our society becomes increasingly focused on style and appearance, the demand for hairdressing services is at an all time high.
About This Course
The Certificate III in Hairdressing offers theory and practical classes. You will be trained in a Sechi salon, which provides the opportunity for learners to gain practical experience in a real workplace. Your hairdressing trainers are always available to assist your learning and support you to develop professional hairdressing skills.
SHB30416 Certificate III in Hairdressing reflects the role of hairdressers who use a range of well-developed sales, consultation and technical skills and knowledge to provide a broad range of hairdressing services to clients. They use discretion and judgment to provide client services and take responsibility for the outcomes of their own work. This qualification provides a pathway to work as a hairdresser in any industry environment, usually a salon.
Are there any prerequisites or entry requirements?
There are no formal pre-requisites or entry requirements for SHB30416 Certificate 3 in Hairdressing, however Sechi Hair Academy requires that students obtain approval from a parent/guardian if the student is under 18 years old.
Students are also required to attend an entry interview as part of the enrolment process to confirm that they understand the course delivery arrangements and expectations and that the course is suited to their career aspirations.
What You Will Learn
This qualification offers a useful and practical qualification enabling you to provide :
- Client consultation and advice
- Hair and scalp treatments
- Hair design
- Colour and lightening
- Chemical Reformation services
- And more
Units of Study
The Certificate III in Hairdressing requires the following units of competency:
- Conduct financial transactions WRBCS201B
- Provide service to clients WRBCS203B
- Colour and lighten hair WRHCL302B
- Design and perform full and partial highlighting techniques WRHCL303B
- Perform colour correction WRHCL304A
- Perform chemical curling and volumising services WRHCR302B
- Perform chemical straightening and relaxing services WRHCR303B
- Prepare clients for salon services WRHCS201A
- Maintain tools and equipment WRHCS202B
- Maintain and organise work areas WRHCS204A
- Follow personal health and safety routines at work WRHCS205A
- Design haircut structures WRHHC301A
- Apply one length/solid haircut structures WRHHC302A
- Apply graduated haircut structures WRHHC303A
- Apply layered haircut structures WRHHC304A
- Apply over-comb techniques WRHHC305A
- Design and apply short to medium-length hair design finishes WRHHD303A
- Apply the principles of hairdressing science WRHHS301A
- Consult with clients and treat hair and scalp conditions WRHHS302A
- Communicate in the workplace SIRXCOM001A
- Work effectively in a retail environment SIRXIND001A
- Apply safe working practices SIRXOHS001A
- Sell products and services SIRXSLS001A
- Design & apply long hair design finishes WRHHD304A
- Combine haircut structure on women WRHHC306A
- Combine haircut structures for traditional and classic designs on men WRHC307B
- Apply single, two and three strand braided techniques WRHHD202A
- Operate effectively as a hairdresser in a salon team *WRHWP302A
- Recommend hair/beauty/cosmetic services WRRSS15